Friday, January 14, 2011

Progress and Changes

Today I got an email from Paul Kruty in response to some renderings I'd sent him. He was very helpful and encouraging and let me know that I could get copies of the drawings for Midway Gardens from the Getty Institute. I called them and was informed that I would need to get permission from Taliesin before they could send me anything. I've since contacted them, and that is where the process stands at the moment.

I'm also looking into what my options are for rendering. As I've mentioned, IDX Renditioner is a good product but it just isn't going to cut it for me. I'm currently looking into Twilight Render, which looks pretty cool. It apparently uses the same process as Kerkythea, which I haven't tried but greatly admire. Like IDX, it is used within Sketchup but it also can make rendered videos, which is probably my ultimate goal with this. It costs $99, which is cheap considering its functionality, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment