Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Reconstruction of Midway Gardens

About two months ago I read Paul Kruty's fantastic book 'Frank Lloyd Wright and Midway Gardens', which chronicles the creation and destruction of one of Wright's greatest masterpieces. I was so moved that I decided to try and reconstruct the building in Sketchup. My goal is to be as detailed as I possibly can. Knowing myself, I have no idea whether I will really finish it or not. It may take years, and I might just give up, but I hope not! So far I have worked for two months and am still going strong.

This blog is really more for myself to chronicle my successes/failures with this project as well as to answer why I did certain things certain ways. I've been keeping notes to this effect for some time, and I plan on incorporating them into future posts.

If anyone has any questions on my project, please feel free to leave a comment and I will respond as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment